ML/DL Engineer & Data Scientist.
Developed a novel methodology for fault detection, labelling, and causal inference based on data fusion and machine learning.
- Website: www.aabulaban.com
- City: St. John's, NL
- Degree: Master's in Process Engineering
- Email: email@example.com
Highlight of Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Process Engineering; specified in Data Analysis, Data Fusion and Machine Learning in Fault Detection & Diagnosis.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; including experience in communicating across discipline boundaries.
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills gained through course work.
- Demonstrated experience fitting, tuning, and testing machine/deep learning models.
- Good programming skills and experience in scripting languages (Python, R, Matlab, PHP, JS)
- Working in a Linux environment, with experience of HPC, cluster or cloud computing (Compute Canada, AWS, Azure).
Master of Engineering (Process)
2018 - 2022
Memorial University, St. John's, NL, Canada
- Developed a novel methodology for fault detection, labelling, and causal inference based on data fusion and machine learning.
- Assisted the research group with technical challenges relating to Python and Matlab programming, ML, DL, and optimization.
- Provided workshops on programming and machine learning for the students of the department.
- Relevant Courses:
- Abnormal Situation Management and On-line Monitoring: Developed a model-based fault detection system for aircraft dynamics and motions (SimuLink, MATLAB).
- Safety & Risk Engineering (I, II): Hazards identification, risk assessment and consequence modeling (HAZOP, FTA, ETA, Accident Modelling).
- Reliability Engineering: failure mechanisms, reliability measures and assessment, reliability of components and complex systems, testing, risk-based maintenance, field reliability assessment).
Bachelor of Science (Mechanical Engineering)
2012 - 2017
Qatar University, Doha, Qatar
- Senior Project: Developed simulation model and code for novel mechanical energy generation based on phase-change materials (EES).
- Relevant Courses:
- Computer Programming (C++): created a fully integrated system for retail company management using C++ as a course project.
- Numerical Methods (MATLAB).
- Dynamics, Mechanism, Control Systems, Mechanical Design (I, II).
Carpentry Instructor - Data Analysis & Python
2020 - Present
ACENET – Supercomputing in Atlantic Canada, St. John's, NL
- Data Carpentry Instructor: A brief introduction to Python for learners with no programming experience. It covers the Jupyter-notebook interface, python syntax, data analysis using Pandas package, and data screening and visualization (matplotlib).
- Data Carpentry Helper: Assist the course instructor to ensure a smooth learning procedure. This includes ensure
the etherpad is updated. Also, assist the learners in overcoming the hiccups, which could be a typo, Wi-Fi problems,
software problem or locating files.
- Software Carpentry Workshop (Unix shell, R and Git) at MUN
- Software Carpentry Workshop (Unix shell, Version Control and Python) at MUN
2019 - Present
Memorial University, St. John's, NL
- Assisted the course instructor with daily duty including assignment and quizzes grading, support students in their assessments such as assignment and projects.
- Prepared and facilitated a pre-lab tutorial, and supervised two x two - four hour laboratory periods each week
- Introduced students to each experiment and actively provided advice and assistance to students as they conduct work in the lab.
- ENGI – 915A: Safety and Risk Engineering Project Course
- ENGI – 9411: Probabilistic Methods in Engineering
- ENGI - 9121: Advanced safety and risk management
- ENGI - 1020: Introduction to programming (Python, Arduino)
- PRCO - 7021: Process Dynamics & Control
2017 - 2019
Merwas Solutions, Amman, Jordan
- Contributed to project planning, budgeting, and overall strategy.
- Analyzed project data and produced insights to optimize performance.
- Monitored and evaluated the overall project, and provided operational support.
- Prepared, reviewed, and maintained project documentation and reports.
2012 - 2016
- Created user-friendly front-end with an emphasis on UI/UX using HTML & CSS.
- Developed an MYSQL-based integrated database for various projects needs
- Utilized SEO best practices to increase website visibility; got top 5 Google rankings for selected keywords.